Every homeowner has faced the dilemma of a Modular vs Carpenter-made Kitchen. A sleek and stylish modular kitchen bought by your neighbor attracts you. You get attracted to the way it looks and you are not aware whether it would be an improvement over a traditional carpenter-made kitchen.
It is a very difficult choice between modular and carpenter-made kitchens. Factory-made modular designs seem to have a better finish and carpenters have always been the go-to people. We now go ahead with the debate of modular kitchen vs. carpenter-made kitchens. This way you will get clear insights into what you need to know.
It is a type of kitchen that is made from a variety of materials, built up of modules of cabinets, and is completely dismantlable.
A modular or a machine-made kitchen seems to be the most happening thing in the market but it has its own sets of pros and cons. You have to pick the right choice for your kitchen and optimize it to make the most of a compact space.
- A neat look is presented by the sleek construction and layout of the modular kitchen.
- The modules of a modular kitchen can be easily assembled and reassembled and it can be easily carried if there is a need for shifting homes.
- For durability in the long run Engineering Wood is preferred as compared to solid wood that can be hard to maintain.
- All the modular kitchen manufacturing units assure quality since they are factory market products.
- In modular kitchen storage has never been a problem as customized storage is provided with a designated space for everything.
- As everything is made in the factory and only assembled at the site there is no stress of carpenter working and creating a mess at home.
- Provided there are no substantial changes to the design, the cost stays true to estimate.
- Quality always comes at a price since building a modular kitchen might leave a hole in your pocket so let’s face it.
- Engineered Wood use has received some criticisms.
- Some level of effort is required for maintaining glossy or matte finished cabinets.
- An accurate picture of the actual design should be ensured by your designer because sometimes you might like something on paper but not in reality.
It is a type of kitchen built from scratch by carpenters available locally. They follow a traditional method of building kitchens, from design to execution.
Pros and Cons of carpenter-made kitchen
After understanding about carpenter made kitchen it is very essential to understand the pros and cons of carpenter made kitchen. As you know that in a carpenter-made kitchen, there are chances of error since all your work is done by human hands.
- This is a relatable technique as it is an age-old method of building a kitchen. Carpenters can be easy to approach and have local availability.
- The carpenters are more flexible with pricing so it is easier to play around with the budget.
- Since the carpenter will do all work in front of you, it is easy to ask for custom options or alterations.
- As you know that in a carpenter made kitchen all the work is done by hand so quality and finish is a concern.
- Kitchen cabinets are permanently fixed by the carpenter, so cabinets cannot be dismantled. If you are shifting then you have to leave everything behind.
- Cost is always fluctuating with carpenters.
- It is difficult to design something from the carpenter that is in trend at present.
- With carpenters, visualization can be a task contrary to the designers giving you a sense of what kitchens looking like with 3D designs
- You cannot have the luxury of getting machine techniques like edge banding with the carpenter-made kitchen.
|Points of Difference||Modular Kitchen||Carpenter-Made Kitchen|
|Finish||Consistently good||Depends upon the carpenter’s skills|
|Cost||Comparatively expensive||Flexible pricing|
|Assembly||Modular so it can be assembled and disassembled||Pre-built so it cannot be assembled or disassembled|
|Easy to clean||Since parts are detachable, these kitchens are easy to clean||Fixed parts make these kitchens tough to clean|
Thus after reading we can conclude that in a comparison of modular vs. carpenter-made kitchen, Modular kitchen is the far better option in terms of quality, finishes, and variety.
But if you can deal with the fluctuating cost and the task of dealing with a carpenter, Carpenter-made kitchens are a clear choice. You have to make a wise choice after consultation with a designer and carpenter for a clearer picture.
For any queries for Modular Kitchen in Panchkula, Chandigarh & Mohali, please contact us.